The weather is getting warmer and your child has some days off coming up. Have you thought about how they're going to spend their summer? Summertime memories aren't made on the couch or scrolling on an iPhone — they're made by getting out of the house and going on adventures with other kids.
From spring until the start of next school year, the YMCA of Greater Charlotte offers several camps that will help you make this summer one of the best ever!
Spring break is coming. This bit of time is the perfect chance for your little one to get warmed up for summer fun. With flexible options ranging from one day to one week, elementary and middle school-aged children have the opportunity to interact with kids outside of their school while having the time of their lives. Campers will spend all day participating in age-appropriate indoor and outdoor games and activities with their new buddies.
Is there any more rewarding feeling than trying something new and absolutely loving it? Every single week, YMCA Summer Day Camps offer fresh and exciting themes and opportunities for preschoolers, school-age children and teens.
From athletics to arts, there's something for everyone at the Y. Some favorite camps include:
- Adventure Camps: Go on exciting field trips at a "Road Trippin'" camp, get creative in nature at "Fort Building" camp or make an impact at "Volunteer" camp.
- Arts & Education Camps: Capture pictures that are worth a thousand words at "Photography and Scrapbooking" camp, get prehistoric at "Jr. Paleontologist" camp or captivate an audience at "Musical Theater" camp.
- Dance & Gymnastics Camps: Move to the rhythm at "Hip-Hop" dance camp, get in the spirit at "Cheer" camp, or dazzle under the big top at "Circus" camp.
- Imagination & Fun Camps: Go back in time to the land of the dinosaurs at "Jurassic" camp, catch 'em all at "Pokemon®" camp or cast spells and make potions at our "Wizardry" camp.
- Sports & Fitness Camps: Get into different types of games at "All Sports" camp, score a beautiful goal at "Soccer" camp or cool off and have fun at "Splash" swim camp.
Themed camps are just some of the options your child can have at camp. Kids can revel in outdoor time hiking through wooded trails at the Hemby Program Center or choose from high and low rope challenge courses, a climbing tower or zip-line. They can immerse themselves in a creative experience at the Ballantyne Arts Center with camps that focus on visual and performing arts. Or they can head to the lakefrontcomplete with waterslide, deck, canoes and water trampoline. Some camps also have the opportunity for banana boat rides!
These are only a few of the hundreds of Day Camp options offered by the YMCA — visit the Y's website to find the perfect camp for your child:
Finally, Plan a Week or More of Adventure at Overnight Camp
The magic of summer truly comes alive for kids when they experience overnight camp at the Y. The Y provides children with an environment where they can become more independent and grow in confidence as they go on outdoor adventures (under the supervision of trained and caring camp counselors of course!)
Lifelong memories and friends await your child at one of our two incredible overnight camps near Charlotte:
With nearly two miles of Lake Wylie shoreline and over 100 acres of activity space, kids ages 6 to 16 have the opportunity to adventure on land and lake. From zip lines and challenge courses to boat rides and water skiing, kids are encouraged to break out of their comfort zone and try new things through an over 35-year bandana tradition.
Just an hour-and-a-half drive from Charlotte, Camp Harrison is a true outdoor oasis. Set on 2,000 picturesque acres surrounding private Lake Broyhill, kids ages 6 to 16 are empowered to experience adventures that fit with their unique interests and abilities. This camp not only is focused on helping kids develop friendships with other campers, but also strengthening their relationship with God.
Ready to Plan for the Best Summer Ever? Register Now!
The Y can't wait to be part of your child's summer adventures! Make sure you register soon, because camp spots fill up fast. See available dates and rates: