What is happening is crazy and sad at the same time. As a mom I really don't have the answers to all the questions my boys are asking but one thing I know is that we have to be prepare in case we have to stay at home with them for a long time.
With all the family events canceling, sports activities putting on hold and a possibility of school being canceled you will need lots of activities and ideas. These are ideas that you could do with your family indoor or in your backyard. We hope this will keep the kids entertain during this State of emergency!
Please be safe! Maria :)
1. Art Supplies and do some Art Projects: Colors, Markers, water color, lunch bags, etc.
2. Play games like Uno, Go Fish, Old Maid.
3. Board games
4. Egg hunt (Easter egg hunting in dark with flashlights)
5. Dress Up
6. Have a dance contest
7. Musical Chairs
8. Glow in the dark crafts
9. Have a treasure hunt around the house
10. Prepare to go camping in the leaving room
11. Play with balloons (Ping pong with balloons)
12. Hula hoops
13. Indoor obstacle course with items you have at home
14. Make play-dough ahead of time and have it ready
15. Inside or backyard camping ⛺️ and story telling
16. Dance Party
17. Paper airplanes
18. Hide and go seek
19. Charades for some of the older ones
20. Build a fort with pillows and other furniture pieces, blankets
21. Spider web game - painters tape they have to go through the tape
22. Make ramps with boxes and card board boxes, and do races
24. Visit the public library before and get new stories for the kids:
Public Libraries in the Charlotte Area
25. Telephone is always a fun game! Especially with a house full!
26. Fashion runway show
27. Lego challenges or building challenge with blocks
28. Write a book together and have the kids illustrate it
29. Make sugar cookie ahead of time and have the kids decorated during the storm.
30. Make Slime