This list of ideas was created by a group of moms during Fun 4 Charlotte Kids' Facebook Live in September before Hurricane Florence was about to hit North and South Carolina. During severe weather you can be indoors before, during and after the storm hits. In that case you will need lots of activities and ideas even with the power on, because you can't go outside and even Indoor Play areas will be close. These are ideas that you could do with your family without water or without power. We hope this will keep the kids entertain and safe during a severe weather emergencies!
1. Art Supplies and do some Art Projects: Colors, Markers, water color, lunch bags, etc.
2. Play games like Uno, Go Fish, Old Maid.
3. Board games
4. Egg hunt (Easter egg hunting in dark with flashlights)
5. Dress Up
6. Have a dance contest
7. Musical Chairs
8. Glow in the dark crafts
9. Have a treasure hunt around the house
10. Prepare to go camping in the leaving room
11. Play with balloons (Ping pong with balloons)
12. Hula hoops
13. Indoor obstacle course with items you have at home
14. Make play-dough ahead of time and have it ready
15. Inside camping ⛺️ and story telling
16. Dance Party
17. Paper airplanes
18. Hide and go seek
19. Charades for some of the older ones
20. Build a fort with pillows and other furniture pieces, blankets
21. Spider web game - painters tape they have to go through the tape
22. Make ramps with boxes and card board boxes, and do races
24. Visit the public library before and get new stories for the kids:
Public Libraries in the Charlotte Area
25. Telephone is always a fun game! Especially with a house full!
26. Fashion runway show
27. Lego challenges or building challenge with blocks
28. Write a book together and have the kids illustrate it
29. Make sugar cookie ahead of time and have the kids decorated during the storm.
30. Make Slime
Last don't forget to go over family emergency communication plan.